Here is an example text
Deciding to buy a home or property is one of the most important decisions you may ever make.
Before you start looking seriously at property, it helps to sit down and think about what features are important to you. One of the best methods is to make a list of the ten or so features that you would really like in your new home. If you find a property with eight or nine of those features, you have probably found your new home. Our Mortgage Calculators can help you to see just what the costs would be to own your own home including the mortgage, taxes and insurance. One of the most important considerations is location. We advise you to go out and explore!
Select an Agent
It's a good idea to interview the agent with whom you will be working in order to get a sense of the skills and talent of your prospective partner. A good buyer's agent will:
- Help you find your property
- Provide comparable sales data to determine the proper offer price
- Successfully negotiate all aspects of the transaction
- Keep the deal together and make sure that the escrow closes
Our company has a wide range of competent professionals who come from a variety of different backgrounds and between them speak 17 languages.
For more information, please review our agents' resumes and biographies.
Finance Your Home
Most of the time, your mortgage broker can supply you with a much wider variety of competitive mortgage options than a single lender; however, it never hurts to check with your banking contacts. The choices of mortgages are as varied as the houses available. What may be perfect for you may not work for your neighbor. In general, mortgages come in three basic groups:
- Fixed (30 year or 15 year)
- Adjustable (adjusting monthly or yearly)
- Fixed for a specific time and then becoming adjustable (3, 5, 7, or 10 year fixed and then adjusting is common)
Find a Home
Now that you and our company agent have met and discussed the features that are most important to you, it's time to go out and look at property.
Your agent will keep you informed of all the newest listings and can send you information straight from the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) complete with photographs and listing information.
For more information on our listings, view our listings
Make an Offer
So now you have found the property of your dreams. What's next? There are several factors involved in making an offer. Your agent will help you determine the following:
- If the property is fairly valued
- How fierce is the competition
- What are the comparables in the neighborhood
- The best loan available for the purchase
- What property inspections need to be performed
- The appropriate time needed to complete the transaction
Our company agent understands that this is not merely a financial investment, it is a life investment. The expertise, the experience and the attention of your agent will help guide you through this complex transaction.
Depending on how the contract is written, a typical escrow might look like this:
- Offer is made and presented.
- Offer is accepted and escrow is opened.
- Agent deposits initial check.
- Agent helps buyer order various inspections.
- Agent notifies buyer's lender of pending sale.
- Buyer reviews and discusses with agent all of the property disclosures.
- After acceptance of the various inspection reports, buyer increases the deposit to (typically) 3 % of the purchase price.
- Buyer has been approved for loan and removes the loan condition.
- Buyer signs loan papers and other escrow documents.
- Buyer's money is transferred to the title company by cashiers check or wire transfer a day or two prior to close.
- Title Company receives funds from lender.
- Title Company records the deed of trust at City Hall and releases the funds. This is called the close of Escrow.
Your hard work has paid off and the big day has finally arrived. Keys in hand, you unlock the front door and enter your new home for the first time. You love it more than ever now that it is officially yours.
- Guide You've no doubt heard it said that the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
- For Buyers Deciding to buy a home or property is one of the most important decisions you may ever make.
- For Sellers Most people decide to sell (or not to sell) their home based on specific criteria: The real estate market, career and lifestyle changes, family needs, etc.